Rosehill is a 14’6″ x 6′ beam Huon Pine double diagonal planked dinghy powered by her original 5 hp Simplex petrol engine. She was built by Max Creese for Rupert Watchorn about 1952 and is named after Watchorns property in the lower Midlands area. She was purchased by Walter Creese about 1957 and continued to be used on the River Derwent including an excursion up river as far as the Jordan River. When not in use she was stored on davits under the dinghy sheds on Chevertons jetty (now part of the DSS complex). In 1958 Walter and his brother Eric took Rosehill under her own power to her new home, a purpose built slip and boatshed in Eaglehawk Bay where Walter was building a shack. In the early 1960s Mark Creese raised the topsides by 6″ and built a fish well into her. For 60 years she has been used by 4 generations of the Creese family for excursions around the Norfolk Bay area.