Mil was built in Gladesville, NSW and launched in 1950. She was originally kept in Sydney Harbour and was an early member of the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia where she was raced by the original owner/builder, John Thomas. Sy Lenahan purchased her and kept her in Sydney Harbour until selling her to Bruce Heart, who kept her in Port Hacking and raced with the Port Hacking Motor Yacht Club. Colin and Carol Williams bought her in 1968 and continued to moor her in Port Hacking and race with the Motor Yacht Club until 1972, when they unanchored and set sail for Queensland, where they spent 30 years cruising Queensland waters, the Barrier Reef and Islands. During this time she was based in Cairns for 14 years before spending some time in Central Qld waters and finally moving to Tasmania 14 years ago, since then she has been moored at Kettering Marina and regularly completes short trips on the D’Entrecasteaux Channel.