Mary Mine Build was commissioned by Reg Wells in 1956, Designed by Harry Clarke, Built by Cayzer Bros Queenscliff
Reg Wells fished for many years until his son Buzza Wells took over. Mary Mine fished commercially for 50 years and travelled through the heads of Port Phillip in excess of
13,000 times. Fishing consisted of crays, shark & scalloping
Frames & Hull New Zealand Kauri planking
Deck Tasmanian Celery Top pine
Mary Mine was retired in 2006. An extensive refit for leisure purposes was undertaken by Tim Phillips of Wooden Boat Shop Sorrento Victoria. The refit included a new cabin & engine.
Currently used around Port Phillip Bay and has completed many trips to Wilsons Prom, Deal Island, Flinders Island and Tasmania and New South Wales.