Australian Wooden Boat Festival Inc is a not-for-profit organisation which relies on a small number of active members as well as a large pool of volunteers to stage the most significant, and we think, the best maritime festival in Australia.
We have a very large and enthusiastic corps of volunteers who take on scores of different tasks, including boat wrangling, decoration, entertainment, construction, information and publicity. We have safety marshals, exhibition managers, kid's activity coordinators, food and bar staff, office admin staff, and many more.
What we share is a love of wooden boats, a sense of fun and the excitement of helping to run a truly unique event. You can get involved just by filling in a simple form and letting us know what you like to do. If you have particular skills (or even if you'd like to learn some new ones), tell us about it and we'll do our best to find the perfect spot for you.
Types of jobs you might volunteer for include:
* Office and marketing assistance (PC skills a plus!)
* Helping park hundreds of boats ashore
* Assisting with surveys of visitors to the Festival
* Information booth and welcome guides
* Photography and video capture
* Boat registration and boat owner liaison during the Festival
* A variety of site management and event coordination roles
To get started, just click on the link and complete the registration form. You will then be contacted by a Volunteers Coordinator who will talk to you about the various volunteer roles available.
Volunteers Registrations are now closed - thank you to those that have volunteered.
For any further information, please call our office on 03 6223 3375.